Est. May 2008

20 July, 2014

That’s What I’ve Been Saying


Regular readers know by now that I don’t use the term ‘atheist’ for the more vocal members of that group – instead, I use the term ‘anti-theist’.

Simply, no one in their right mind can possibly so vituperatively and viciously denounce someone or something which they profess not to believe in.  It’s like hating Santa Claus, or the Easter Bunny, or (dare I say it?) the Flying Spaghetti Monster.


Read or listen to some of these more-vocal professing atheists – Dawkins, Harris, the late Hitchens, Hawking, Maher … every one of them shows a particular hatred and contempt for God, yet vociferously denies God’s existence.

Again, I repeat, hating something you don’t even profess belief in is (IMO) a mental disorder.

So, along comes this article.  I’ve written about similar discoveries here and here; both certainly seem to indicate an inherent, ingrained belief in God.

If this is so, then yes, atheism cannot exist.  Only denial of the existence of God(s) can exist – and that ends up being ‘anti-theism’.

No comments: