Est. May 2008

07 April, 2015

Hating Christ

Over at Politichicks, Terri LaPoint asks, 'Why Such Hatred for The One So Filled With Love?'  She finishes her post with:
So, then, why s there all the hatred and intolerance toward him, and to those who love him?  I don't understand.
Perhaps her question is rhetorical; part of me thinks it is.  But if it's not, if I may  be so bold, perhaps I can answer that question.

For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.  (John 3:20)

The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify about it that its works are evil. (John 7:7)

If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father. (John 15:24)

Brother will deliver brother over to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death,  and you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. (Matthew 10:21-22)

Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. (Matthew 24:9)

If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.  If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. (John 15:18-19)

I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. (John 17:14)

But even so, we have reason to celebrate the hatred:
Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man!
  Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven; for so their fathers did to the prophets. (Luke 6:22-23)


( * - all from the English Standard Version)

No comments: